Yandex have released an extremely in-depth report on contextual advertising in Russia. The report covers three years, from summer 2007 to summer 2010, and contains a special analysis of the market during the global financial crisis.
The data also used in this report comes from Yandex.Direct, Russian Association of Communication Agencies (RACA), Mindshare Interaction, Morgan Stanley, PricewaterhouseCoopers, TNS and FOM public opinion foundation.
- For the first six months of 2010, the market share of Yandex.Direct was estimated at 75-80%.
- As of the summer of 2010, ads placed on websites via Yandex.Direct were viewed by over 21 million users per day
- The fastest growth is observed in Russia’s regions: the growth rates of contextual advertising in the regions are higher than those in Moscow and Saint Petersburg.
- From 2007 to 2010, percentage of click-throughs from contextual ads in Russia’s regions has grown from 28% to 43%
- For the first six months of 2010 contextual advertising in Russia had a turnover of 5.9-6.3bn roubles (excluding VAT), or 66-67% of the country’s online advertising market.
The report is currently only available in Russian but can be found at the following location: Contextual Advertising in Russia, Oct.2010