Yandex, the leading search engine in Russia was quick to adopt Twitter. Last September they started publishing a list of the most popular Twitterati and including the service on their blog section, which shows statistics for many social platforms.
Now they have released a short PDF report which lists some key statistics for the Twitter service in Russia.
- Yandex estimates 183 thousand Russian accounts on Twitter
- More than 60% of Russian-speaking users update their Twitter stream every day
- 67% of all Tweets contain links, 8% of Tweets contain links to the media.
- During the winter 2009-2010 the number of Russian-speaking users on Twitter has increased by 42%. In the year period from March 2009 to March 2010, by 26%.
- About 150 thousand Tweets (messages) are posted each day in Russian. 5% of them are ReTweets.
- There are more than 125 thousands links published on Twitter each day.
- Yandex studies more than 20 microblogging services in RuNet. Every day, more than 2 millions entries are made.